Is Your 2023 Resolution to Save Money? Follow These Tips!
With the holidays in the rearview mirror, Bama Breeze Heating & Air understands that your 2023 New Year resolution might be trying to save some money over the next few months. That’s why we wanted to provide some tips and tricks to help you do just that while also keeping your HVAC system running smoothly as we transition into the spring season.
Spending Money Out and About
Changing your spending habits when you’re out and about can make a monumental difference in the amount of money you can save throughout the year. Here are some tips for helping you save money when out and about:
- Instead of watching a movie at the theater, watch movies at home on OnDemand or another service you’re already paying for like Netflix or Hulu. Want to buy a new movie to watch at home? Invite some friends over and split the cost to save a few bucks.
- Instead of indulging in getting everything you want at a restaurant, go in with a budget for each meal, and plan to drink water with your dinner. You can splurge on sodas or other drinks at home where they are much cheaper.
- Stop paying for subscriptions you don’t need. Go through your subscriptions and cut out ones you don’t use often, or ones that just aren’t necessary.
- When you go to the grocery store, once again, go in with a budget and shop around the outside of the store. While these items might be more expensive, you’re getting healthier foods that will last a lot longer in your home.
- Cut back on shopping for clothes, home decor, and other non-essentials. Give yourself a budget for the month or even for every other month that can be spent on non-essential shopping.
- When shopping for anything, use coupons! Coupons for almost any store can be found easily online, and most of the time, they work!
Energy Bills At Home
Did you know heating and cooling your home makes up about 50% of your energy bill every month. That’s a huge chunk of money, but it also provides a major source for savings. Some quick tips on saving money with your HVAC system is to keep it well maintained, both inside and out. Replace your air filters every 1-3 months, keep your air vents clean and unobstructed at all times, and clear your outdoor unit of leaves, limbs, or other debris as often as possible. With these simple tips, you can save big in the long run by making sure your system isn’t running harder than it needs to.
Upgrade to High-Efficiency HVAC
The biggest way to make a difference on your energy bills is by switching to a high-efficiency HVAC system from South Alabama’s trusted HVAC contractor, Bama Breeze. Newer systems built even within the last 5 years have advanced so much that they’re saving homeowners who switch an average of 50% on their energy bills. Of course, this depends on the system you currently have, but there’s no doubt that upgrading will have a positive impact on your energy bills.
While your HVAC system is your biggest source of saving energy, there are also plenty of other ways you can save money at home as well.
- Keeping your thermostat a few degrees higher for a couple hours during the day, such as when you are at work, will help make sure your system isn’t running overtime for no reason.
- Utilize your home’s fans while rooms are occupied. This will ensure a comfortable home environment while keeping your energy costs lower as well.
- Try switching to Energy-Star rated appliances. These appliances are proven to be the most energy efficient and will save you money.
- Turn off lights and ceiling fans of rooms that are not being occupied.
- Wash as much laundry as you can in cold water and hang to dry.
- Switch to LED lightbulbs throughout your house. This will save you money in the short run, as they’re more efficient, and in the long run, as they last longer.
- If you have an older home, ensure it’s properly insulated to cut down on wasted energy and better preserve your home’s comfort.
Get Professional HVAC Help
In the long term, being proactive about seasonal tune-ups for your HVAC system can save you headaches, hassles, and money down the road by catching and repairing minor problems before they grow into bigger problems—or even better, preventing them altogether. Your home’s HVAC system contributes upwards of 50% or more of your home’s total energy consumption, so it makes good sense to keep it running as efficiently as possible. You can find more information about our maintenance plan by calling us at 251-952-2915, or by checking out our website at https://bamabreezeac.com/.
Bama Breeze Heating & Air is a fully licensed and insured heating and cooling contractor located in Baldwin County, AL. Our goal is 100% customer satisfaction 100% of the time. We look forward to the opportunity of earning your business.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram! resolution to save money resolution to save money resolution to save money resolution to save money resolution to save money resolution to save money resolution to save money